Did you know Lakeland student veterans are eligible for both GI Bill* benefits and financial aid? Follow the steps below and file a FAFSA to take advantage of additional financial aid. Contact Lakeland's Financial Aid department for assistance on FAFSA filing.
*GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at va.gov/education.
*Note: if enrollment changes during the term, notify Lakeland's Veteran's Benefits Certifying Speicalist and report changes to the VA at 1.888.442.4551 or on WAVE.
- Visit the WAVE website and register.
- Chapters 30, 1606 and 1607 are required to self-certify enrollment.
- To self-certify, call the automated system at 1.877.823.2378 or speak with a VA representative at 1.888.442.4551.
- Students must self-certify the last day of every month or the last day of the term.
- Update any address or direct deposit information with the VA at 1.888.442.4551 or in the WAVE account. Please keep Lakeland and the VA informed of any address updates.
- Payable courses are only those courses required for degree program(s) and will be payable through GI Bill benefits. Consult a Lakeland counselor to ensure this standard is met.
- Non-payable courses include:
- Repeated courses in which a passing grade or prior credit was received.
- Online remedial classes (hybrid classes are considered online)
- Classes required for a program at another college, if the student is not enrolled at that college. Contact Lakeland's Veterans Services for more details.