Lakeland's Veterans Services department is here to help you take advantage of the educational benefits available to you as a student veteran. From dealing with the VA, to applying to Lakeland, to registering for classes and completing your degree, we can help you every step of the way!
Please contact our Vetrans Benefits Certifying Specialist with any questions during this process.
- Schedule an appointment with Lakeland's Veterans Benefits Certifying Specialist for assistance with educational benefits and certification. Please provide a DD-214 $4.
- Apply to Lakeland at lakelandcc.edu/apply.
- Apply for VA educational benefits at benefits.va.gov/gibill.
- Request official transcripts from high school or GED, all previously attended colleges and military service to be sent directly to Lakeland's Admissions Office.
- Take the placement test. Log in to myLakeland and find the Schedule It app to schedule testing.
- New freshman students must schedule a New Student Orientation Session. Transfer students must schedule a counseling appointment.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor to evaluate prior college credit and develop a plan to earn your degree.
- Register for classes that are required for your declaired degree program. Priority registration is available for student veterans.
- Submit Veterans Registration Reporting form (VRR) to the Veterans Services office in A-1001 for certification.
- Apply for financial aid at fafsa.gov or contact Lakeland's Financial Aid department for assistance. Lakeland's school code is 006804.
Call the VA (1.888.442.4551) to check the status of your educational benefits. Please allow two weeks before calling after you submit your claims.