Did you know Lakeland student veterans are eligible for both G.I. Bill* benefits and financial aid? Follow the steps below and file a FAFSA to take advantage of additional financial aid. Contact Lakeland's Financial Aid department for assistance on FAFSA filing.
*G.I. Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
*Note: if enrollment changes during the term, notify Lakeland's Veteran's Benefits Certifying Speicalist and report changes to the VA at 1.888.442.4551 or on WAVE.
- Visit the WAVE websit and register.
- Chapters 30, 1606 and 1607 are required to self-certify enrollment.
- To self-certify, call the automated system at 1.877.823.2378 or speak with a VA representative at 1.888.442.4551.
- Students must self-certify the last day of every month or the last day of the term.
- Update any address or direct deposit information with the VA at 1.888.442.4551 or in the WAVE account. Please keep Lakeland and the VA informed of any address updates.
- Submit the Veterans Registration Reporting Form every semester for enrollment certification and return to Lakeland's Veterans Services office. Forms are available at the Lakeland Student Service Center or can be printed online.
- Attend classes. Students not attending class must complete and submit a schedule change form to the Student Service Center on or before the withdrawl deadline and notify the Lakeland Veterans Benefits Certifying Specialist of any changes.
- Maintain Lakeland's academic standards of satisfactory attendance, conduct and progress. See the Lakeland Student Handbook for details.
- Non-attendance grades (AW - Administrative Withdraw) must be reported to the VA. The student may be required to reimburse the VA for all funds received. VA debt management will send notification to the student if this is the case.
- Create a tuition payment plan through myLakeland. Contact Lakeland's Controller office for more details on tuition payment.
- Payable courses are only those courses required for degree program(s) and will be payable through G.I. Bill benefits. Consult a Lakeland counselor to ensure this standard is met.
- Non-payable courses include:
- Repeated courses in which a passing grade or prior credit was received.
- Online remedial classes (hybrid classes are considered online)
- Classes required for a program at another college, if the student is not enrolled at that college. Contact Lakeland's Veterans Services for more details.