Students enrolled in Lakeland's Honors Program will have the opportunity to engage in new and exciting learning experiences at Lakeland. Please contact us with any questions!
Lakeland Honors Program Pillars
Community • Leadership • Opportunity
Lakeland Honors Program and Merit-based scholarships include:
- Choose Ohio First for associate of science and nursing program majors
- Honors scholarship - $500 - $1000
- Trustees scholarship - full tuition
- Judith Mazzeo scholarship for information technology or computer science majors who intend to pursue a bachelor's degree
Learn more and apply for scholarships in myLakeland.
Lakeland students are encouraged to participate in a variety of opportunities and experiences in research projects, student groups and special academic programming.
Lakeland Library, in partnership with the Honors Program, is proud to present the Celebration of Research, an annual spring event designed to support and reward students who are interested in showcasing their research projects in a multidisciplinary setting. Students are asked to demonstrate knowledge of their research projects during a poster presentation session. Presentations will be judged, and gift cards will be awarded to the first, second, and third place posters during the event reception.
Funded in part by the Honors Program and The Lakeland Foundation.
Michael Guerinot and Kate Marijolovic, participated in the International Model NATO conference in Washington in February and received the following recognition:
- Kate Marijolovic was recognized with the "Superior Delegation in Committee" award for her work on NATO's Military Committee
- Michael Guerinot won the "Outstanding Delegation in Committee" award for his work in NATO's Nuclear Planning Group.
- Michael was further recognized by winning the "Committee Leadership Award" in his committee. This designation is awarded by the faculty to the student who has made the "most significant contribution to fostering consensus, capturing the essence of complex issues, and leading the committee toward effective action."
- Annual beach clean up in celebration of Earth Day
- Veterans garden clean up on campus
- Alternative spring break
- Lakeland Honors Organization student club
- Emerging Leaders program at Lakeland