Lakeland's Veterans Center assists military-affiliated students and their family members in making a smooth and successful transition to college. Lakeland's Veterans Center services include:
- Veterans lounge in E-building, room E-117 is equipped with a computer lab and study area where student veterans can gather in private.
- Transition assistance.
- Military transcript evaluation available at the Lakeland Transfer Center.
- Scholarship application assistance.
- Priority registration for classes.
- Student Accommodation Center for disabled veterans.
- Career Services Center in A-building, room A-1039.
- Laketran public transportation pass.
- And many more educational and on-campus services for student veterans.
Lakeland Community College is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) consortium. It adheres to Ohio's GI Promise, and accepts military transcripts for college credit.
Lakeland Community College hosts the student club, Lakeland SVA - a chapter of Student Veterans of America (SVA). The Lakeland SVA is a student organization that supports student veterans and military family members. It is open to veterans and non-veteran allies and advocates.
If you are interested in joining, stop by the Veterans Lounge or contact email@example.com.
The SVA participates in various events and fund raisers throughout the year, including:
- Connect with other military, veterans and dependents who are students.
- Family activities.
- SVA scholarship awards.
Lakeland maintains a task force comprised of faculty and staff who are familiar with the unique challenges affecting military-affiliated students. We are here to support your educational, career, family and emergency needs.
Contact the Lakeland Veteran's Center any time with questions or comments.