During this challenging time, please know that Lakeland's CCP staff is committed to providing support to CCP students while working remotely. Please continue to check this website for updates and send any questions you have to CCPinfo@lakelandcc.edu.
- We are continuing to process CCP applications. If you haven't done so already, please apply online and email your high school guidance counselor to request your transcript to be sent to CCPInfo@lakelandcc.edu.
- While CCP eligibility criteria has changed, Lakeland still requires placement in college level English for admission. All placement testing on campus has been temporarily suspended; however, we are working to identify alternative options for placement testing and hope to provide an update soon.
- All CCP orientation sessions are being moved to an online format. We will be contacting admitted students once the online orientation is available. CCP orientation is required for students and parents before registration.
- Nonpublic and home school students – The Ohio Department of Education has extended the CCP funding application deadline to May 1, 2020, at 5 p.m. Funding award notifications will be sent by June 12, 2020.
- Please email your CCP Registration Authorization Form to CCPInfo@lakelandcc.edu to register for summer and/or fall courses. Students may call 440.525.7200 to talk to a counselor for help with selecting courses as well as any other academic or personal concerns.
- Lakeland is continuing all tutoring and academic support services offered by the Learning Center online.
- CCP students are now allowed to choose the Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) grading option this semester. Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to determine if taking a course as an S/U is a good option for them. To schedule an appointment with a counselor via telephone or web conference, call 440.525.7200. To request taking a course on a S/U bases, send an email from your Lakeland email account to email@example.com listing the courses where you would like to receive a S/U grade.
- Nonpublic and home school students – The Ohio Department of Education has extended the CCP funding application deadline to May 1, 2020, at 5 p.m. Funding award notifications will be sent before June 12, 2020.
Lakeland Community College's College Credit Plus Program (CCP) offers high school students the opportunity to enroll at Lakeland on a part-time or full-time basis, and earn college credit which may also be used to fulfill their high school graduation requirements.
The intent of the CCP program is to offer a broad range of college level classes which provide educational opportunities not typically available in high school. Admission into this program is open to students who have clearly demonstrated the ability to handle college-level coursework.
View a list of upcoming information session at local high schools.
Interested students and their parents should follow the 5 steps below to determine eligibility to participate in CCP.
- Attend a high school CCP information session.
- File a CCP application with Lakeland Community College.
- Submit High School Transcripts
- Register for placement test and place into college level English either through successful completion of Lakeland's Placement Test or submission of acceptable ACT/SAT scores.
**To participate in math courses through CCP, students must have successfully completed Algebra 2 and place into college-level math.
- Attend a CCP new student orientation and registration session. Parents are required to attend with their child.
Mandatory for Home School and Nonpublic Students: