Students who are graduating from Lakeland Community College should first meet with a Lakeland counselor in the Counseling Center. This meeting is to ensure that all requirements for the degree or certificate they are seeking have been completed.
In order to receive a diploma or certificate from the college, students must submit an application. Applications can be obtained online through myLakeland:
- Follow this link to my Grad App (myLakeland login required)
- Click or tap "Apply Now!"
All associate degrees (or arts, science, applied science and technical studies) require successful completion of at least 60 semester hours with a 2.0 minimum grade point average (GPA). The student must have earned at least 20 credit hours at Lakeland Community College.
All applied associate degrees (or applied business or applied science) require the student to:
- Pass all required courses for the particular major.
- Enroll and earn no fewer than 20 technical credits at Lakeland Community College for the particular major.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
Some programs of study may have additional program and/or grade point average requirements based upon accreditation standards. The students must review the requirements of the specific degree program to determine if there are additional requirements.
All students intending to graduate with a certificate or diploma must apply online by the deadline established by the college.
- A $40 graduation fee must be paid at the time of application in order for a student to receive a diploma.
- Fall graduates and pending spring and summer candidates participating in commencement will receive a blank diploma cover
- Diplomas and certificates are not mailed and must be picked up in the Student Service Center six weeks after the last term of attendance
- Diplomas and certificates are not backdated
Check the Important Dates for current graduation application deadlines.
Note: Certificate applicants must follow the same application deadlines. Certificate recipients/prospective recipients do not participate in commencement.
The student development department coordinates the commencement ceremony for Lakeland Community College graduates. It is held every spring in May.
2020 Commencement Ceremony Date
Saturday, May 9, 2020
Visit our commencement page for details on getting ready for and attending the commencement ceremony.