Lakeland Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The Higher Learning Commission accredits, and thereby grants membership in the Commission, to degree-granting educational institutions in the North Central region: Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, New Mexico, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413
The Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) is one of three HLC pathways of accreditation. It was developed by the HLC to provide a model of continuous quality improvement (CQI) to institutions of higher education to maintain their accreditation. In the AQIP 8-year cycle, an institution has the opportunity to demonstrate it meets the HLC's accreditation standards and expectations as defined in the Core Criteria for Accreditation.
AQIP institutions are required to demonstrate their CQI journey throughout the eight-year cycle by involvement in these areas:
At least three projects underway at any given time.
Annual Update Reports
At least three projects to be reviewed each year.
To be submitted every four years.
A formal review of the Systems Portfolio - to be reviewed every four years upon receipt.
Attendance at one Strategy Forum every four years.
Comprehensive Quality Review
An onsite visit every eight years, in the year of reaffirmation.
At Lakeland, AQIP is an institutional initiative that seeks the input of all stakeholders. Everyone is in the entire college community is encouraged to be an active participant.
- To involve the campus community in continuous quality improvement efforts in order to offer the most outstanding educational opportunities to the Lake County and Northeastern Ohio communities
- To permit Lakeland to identify strategic initiatives that will have the greatest impact on its students and other stakeholder
- To engage the college's employees in collaborative efforts that will foster student learning as well as employee growth and satisfaction
- To help the college's employees come to an enhanced understanding of the college's mission and their part in it
- To meet the five Criteria for Accreditation as set forth by the Higher Learning Commission
- To maintain accredited status
- To engage in continuous quality improvement activities that center around the 6 AQIP categories