Lakeland Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413
Lakeland Community College will undergo an HLC Comprehensive Quality Review (CQR) onsite visit April 27-29, 2020. This is a requirement of our accreditation and is the culmination of an 8 year cycle. During this visit a peer review team will be on campus and will hold meetings and open forum sessions during this time.
At Lakeland, continuous quality improvement is an institutional initiative that seeks the input of all stakeholders. Everyone in the entire college community is encouraged to be an active participant.
- To involve the campus community in continuous quality improvement efforts in order to offer the most outstanding educational opportunities to the Lake County and Northeastern Ohio communities
- To permit Lakeland to identify strategic initiatives that will have the greatest impact on its students and other stakeholders
- To engage the college's employees in collaborative efforts that will foster student learning as well as employee growth and satisfaction
- To help the college's employees come to an enhanced understanding of the college's mission and their part in it
- To meet the five Criteria for Accreditation as set forth by the Higher Learning Commission
- To maintain accredited status